Job term: Permanent
Appointment type: Full-time
Department: Adults Social Care & Health
Division: Public Health
Closing date: 24 June 2018
Location: City Hall
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to develop, lead and manage the Healthy Lifestyles Service which includes services aimed at increasing healthy behaviours, such as physical activity and reducing smoking levels, in addition to reducing overall health inequalities. Furthermore the post holder will be involved in developing the role of the community and voluntary sector in supporting healthy lifestyles and promoting the use of self-management options.
Working across Public Health and Sports Services the post holder will play a key role in delivering a long term ambition to embed healthy lifestyles across the city and to close the health inequality gap. Through leadership of the HLS the role will involve working closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the HLS achieves the specified outcomes and dovetails with wider plans and programmes to address unhealthy behaviours.
Requirements of the post include:
- Excellent knowledge of behaviour change theories and interventions
- Excellent understanding of the determinants of health and the role of lifestyle services
- Qualification/knowledge in Public Health (or related area)
- Experience of working with GP’s/health professionals
- Experience of working with/within the community/voluntary sector
For an informal discussion please contact Ryan Swiers on 0116 454 5842.
Please ensure you provide an email address as this is our preferred method of contact.
Assessment Center Date: Tuesday 10th July 2018