Casual Swimming Instructors
£8.64 / £12.78 per hour, depending on qualifications *
Ref: X5254 / 0817SSN
Job term: Casual/Relief
Appointment type: Various
Department: City Development & Neighbourhoods
Division: Planning, Development & Transportation
Closing date: 31 December 2018
Location : City Centre & Various Schools around the City
The Local Sustainable Transport Team is responsible for a wide range of cycling, walking and public transport promotions and projects. The team works with schools, businesses and local communities in the city.
This post will be responsible for Road Safety and Active Travel Training Programmes, and providing a programme of cycle training according to national standards and sectional guidelines.
Requirements of the post:
- Experience of liaising effectively with target groups ;
- Must be able interpret instructions and communicate effectively ;
- Ability to work alongside professional teachers and within the school curriculum as appropriate ;
- Must be able to ride a bicycle ; and
- Subject to an Enhanced DBS Check.
For an informal discussion please contact Colin Cheney on 0116 4542821.
Please ensure you provide an email address as this is our preferred method of contact.