Job term: Permanent
Appointment type: Full-time
Department: Education & Children’s Services
Division: Children, Young People and Families
Closing date: 11 April 2018
Location: Halford House
3 x Full Time, Permanent posts
Leicester is one of the most diverse and multicultural cities in the country. We are committed to continuous improvement and due to ongoing investment our Edge of Care Services are expanding.
Leicester Multisystemic Therapy for Child Abuse and Neglect (MST CAN) are expanding their service by another full team and as such are seeking to appoint 3 MST CAN therapists.
You will be working with those families where there are ongoing child protection concerns and a real and imminent risk of care.
MST CAN works using a range of tools such as behavioural therapy, cognitive behavioural therapy, family therapy and motivational interviewing to enable families who often have complex and challenging needs to adopt new choices and behaviours
Are you hard-working, adaptable, resilient and self-motivated with a proven track record of working with challenging young people and their families and ready to play a vital role in developing a specialist MST team in Leicester?
You will be part of a team offering specialist intervention with some of Leicester’s most troubled families delivering MST interventions according to the specifications and requirements set out in the MST license and working collaboratively with partners and communities. The supervisor will be available to support therapists implementing MST 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, which includes standby duty one week in three.
Requirements of the post:
- Must have a relevant qualification
- Must have substantial experience of working in a challenging environment dealing with sensitive and complex issues with children and families and the ability to maintain personal resilience
- Must have experience of delivering one or more of the following structured therapies: behavioural therapy, cognitive behavioural therapy, family therapy, motivational interviewing
- Must be willing to engage in group clinical supervision
- Must be able to engage and empathise with families with complex needs
- Must be able to work flexibly including out of hours working and on call duties
For an informal discussion please contact Sarah Whittle on 0116 4546531
For more information about our Education and Children's Services, and about living and working in Leicester please visit www.socialcarejobsleicester.com
Please ensure you provide an email address as this is our preferred method of contact.