Job term: Permanent
Appointment type: Full-time
Department: Education & Children’s Services
Division: Children, Young People and Families
Closing date: 11 April 2018
Location: Halford House
Leicester is one of the most diverse and multicultural cities in the country. We are committed to continuous improvement and due to ongoing investment, our Edge of Care Services are expanding.
Functional Family Therapy Child Welfare (FFT-CW) is a new programme aiming to go live by June. We are seeking to appoint a Functional Family Therapy Child Welfare Manager.
You will be leading a team of 5 therapists; working with those families where there are ongoing child protection concerns and a real and imminent risk of care. Primarily you will provide management and clinical oversight of families with very young children or families where there is ongoing domestic abuse. However, you may also oversee any case with complex and high-risk child protection issues.
FFT-CW works using a range of tools such as behavioural therapy, cognitive behavioural therapy, and family therapy to enable families who often have complex and challenging needs to adopt new choices and behaviours, treatment length is around 6 months. It is vital you have experience of delivering one or more structured therapies to enable you to give clear case advice and guidance. You will be required to provide strong leadership and make appropriate and safe decisions when working within a fast-paced environment.
Are you hard working, resilient and able to rise to the challenge of this innovative and exciting innovative approach?
Requirements of the post:
- Must have a relevant professional qualification
- Must have substantial experience of working in a challenging environment dealing with sensitive and complex issues with children and families and the ability to maintain personal resilience
- Must be aware of the safety risks posed to very young children in the safeguarding arena
- Must have experience of delivering one or more of the following structured therapies: behavioural therapy, cognitive behavioural therapy, family therapy
- Must have experience of providing clear leadership and management
- Must be willing to lead group clinical supervision whilst being open to feedback around your own performance
For an informal discussion please contact Sarah Whittle on 0116 4546531
For more information about our Education and Children's Services, and about living and working in Leicester please visit www.socialcarejobsleicester.com
Please ensure you provide an email address as this is our preferred method of contact.